Local Schools Partnerships
My name is Leigh Cole and I am the Manager of the HABS Local Schools Partnership based within Wormley Primary School in Broxbourne.
The HABS team is one of 19 Local Schools Partnerships that provide high-quality services for children, young people and their families in Wormley, Turnford, Broxbourne and Hoddesdon. We are a local organisation that works with school-aged children to address social, emotional and health issues that are barriers to learning; we play a significant role in the lives of many young people and their families.
We are employed by Hertfordshire County Council and 15 local schools to provide support for children and families at risk of breakdown.
- We offer practical and emotional support, helping with a range of issues including bereavement, separation, bullying, domestic violence, drug or alcohol use, additional educational needs, housing, debt and challenging behaviour.
- We deliver parenting courses for parents and carers and group courses to the children and young people.
- We offer a confidentail telephone advice line to all parents, carers and staff connected to one of our schools below.
- We offer to funding to families that are experiencing hardship
The HABS Family Support Team supports the following educational settings;
- The Rye Park Nursery School Centre
- Broxbourne Primary School
- Churchfields CE Academy
- Forres Primary School
- Roseland’s Primary School
- Sheredes Primary School
- Augustine’s RC Primary School
- Catherine’s C of E (VC) Primary School
- Cross Catholic Primary School
- Westfield Community Primary School
- The Cranbourne Primary School
- Wormley C of E Primary School (VC)
- Warren Dell, Watford
- Robert Barclay Academy
- The Broxbourne School
- The John Warner School
- Haileybury Turnford
- Rivers Educational Support Centre
- Hailey Hall School – Specialist Sports College
We also work closely with our under 5 teams based in the Hertfordshire’s Family Centre